The Zamfara State Police Command has captured 20 suspected bandits and recovered seven AK 47 rifles. The Zamfara State police Commissioner in the state, Mr Kenneth Ebrimson, made the disclosure at a news conference in Gusau on Wednesday.
Ebrimson said the suspects were captured by the Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Special Tactical Squad in collaboration with the command at various locations in the state.
It was reported that Zamfara in Nigeria’s northwest, has turned to a hot spot in recent times because of the activities of bandits, who have been killing villagers and rustling cows.
We will not disclosed the locations where the bandits were arrested and their names and how the arms were recovered, due to security reasons.
- Nationwide strike over pay rise agitation
- Glo gives free data to mark 15th anniversary
- ‘Heroes of the Force’ IGP commiserates with families of slain police officers
- resident Muhammadu Buhari deploys fighter jets after Zamfara bandits
- Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin, dead at 76
- Okechukwu Nwanguma of NOPPRIN – CP Edgal has broken new grounds in crime control
- But based on the measures put in place, we are hoping to record more success in subsequent days.
- Cultists kill former Ibadan Poly Chief Security Officer, student
As we all known the IGP Special Tactical Squad in collaboration with the Zamfara State police command embarked on intelligence-led coordination and bush combing.
The operation is still ongoing. What we recorded today is part of its achievements.
Zamfara State Police capture 20 suspected bandits
According to him, the command has introduced patrol operations to reduce fear, rumour and apprehension in communities in the state.
Read more at:
He advised residents to always give information to security operatives to help the operatives to tackle security challenges.
AD: To get thousands of security news, [click here]
(c) Copyright 2018 NPBS.