Unidentified gunmen killed one Abdullahi S., a soldier attached to the Operation Safe Haven, a military Tasks force maintaining peace in Plateau.
DSP Terna Tyopev, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the Plateau Police Command confirmed the incident to reporters on Wednesday in Jos.
Tyopev said one Hafsat Gambo, a 21-year old girl was also abducted in the course of the incident at Corner Soja community of Jos North Local government area of the state.
Yesterday, at about 9.p.m, one Alhaji Idris Gambo of Corner Soja community of Jos North reported at our Laranto Division that at about 7.p.m, some Unidentified gunmen went to his house in a Golf vehicle and forcefully took his daughter Hafsat Gambo, 21, to an unknown destination.
Our men immediately mobilised to the scene of crime. On arrival, we discovered that in the bid to escape, the Unidentified gunmen shot and fatally injured Lance Cpl. Abdullahi S, a soldier attached to the military taskforce
- Adekunle Santos, Lagos Landlord arraigned for allegedly stealing, removing tenant’s door
- Biafra Nations Youth League group tells Army to call off Operation Python Dance 3
- One chance robber jumps into lagoon as Rapid Response Squad, RRS arrest Oliseh, others
- Security agencies arrested 41 suspected homosexuals in Bauchi
- Oyo Police warn politicians – Don’t encourage your aides to carry prohibited firearms
We immediately rushed him to Bingham University Teaching Hospital, Jos, but was confirmed dead by the doctor on duty, he said.
- Girl Hit by Air Force Jet Debris Gets Scholarship
- Lawyer Symphorosa Otike-Odibi killed by wife found with genitals, intestines cut
- Nigerian troops kill 76 Boko Haram terrorists (BHTs), Chad kills 48
- Kaduna State Government Reinstates 24-hour Curfew
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Targets 8,100 Displaced Families in The North-East Under Micro-Gardening Scheme
- President Buhari’s Speech At Commissioning of new International Terminal of the Port Harcourt Airport
The PPRO said that the body of the deceased has been deposited at the hospital’s mortuary.
He said investigation to unravel those behind the crime was ongoing.
Tyopev called on members of the public with useful information on the crime to make it available to the police.