IMMEDIATE past President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, has petitioned the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, over alleged impersonation by certain persons using his name to solicit for funds.
In the petition by the past President of the Christian Association of Nigeria addressed to the IGP, Director-General, Department of State Services, DSS, and copied to the Edo State Commissioner of Police, the cleric alleged that Someone has been using the name of Endurance Orphanage Foundation to impersonate me on social media.
Dissociating himself from a social media account using his name to solicit for financial assistance, past President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Pastor Oritsejafor condemned the operator of the fraudulent account, stressing that neither him nor his wife Helen, would solicit for financial assistance from anyone, let alone in the social media.
According to him, the fraudulent account being operated with his name is bearing a Diamond Bank account number and the operator was hiding under the guise of Endurance Orphanage.
He called on the relevant government agencies to prosecute the impersonator purportedly defrauding members of the unsuspecting public.
According to Pastor Oritsejafor, Endurance Orphanage Foundation of 42, Lampus Quarters, Ogbese, Obianuju North East LGA, Okada, Edo State, has been fraudulently been using his name on Facebook and WhatsApp platforms to solicit for funds from unsuspecting members of the society.
I am by this letter soliciting your kind assistance in apprehending the culprits of this heinous crime, insisting that he will never solicit for funds or financial assistance on any social media platform.
- Akpabio any move to declare my seat vacant will prove abortive.
- Nigerian man found guilty on charges related to hacking
- INEC registers 23 new political parties. YES, RAP, UP, 20 other parties
- Nationwide strike over pay rise agitation
- ‘Heroes of the Force’ IGP commiserates with families of slain police officers
- Zamfara State Police capture 20 suspected bandits
- Lagos madwoman caught with human parts, corpses
- Professor Cheung Kie-Chung kills wife, body stuffed in suitcase
- Cultists kill former Ibadan Poly Chief Security Officer, student
- Alleged N369m deal: Police trail Senator Suleiman Hunkuyi, as senator refuses to honour invitation
He charged members of the society to disregard any request seeking for financial assistance on social media, as it’s an impersonation. Kindly report any request to pay money into an Endurance Orphanage Foundation account in Guarantee Trust Bank, to the nearest Police station.
Stop being gullible. Desist from soliciting support from dubious persons masquerading as care givers in the society, Oritsejafor cautioned innocent members of the society.
Follow Us on our Social Media handle;