Northern leaders tell Buhari how to fight insecurity in Nigeria
The Coalition Against Killings In Northern Nigeria (CAKIN), has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to take some drastic steps to contain the matter on the Northern Insecurity and killings.
The group made some key demands including an ultimatum to the president and the federal government with respect to security and how it should be addressed henceforth.
The decisions by CAKIN are listed below:
1. President Buhari should sack all service chiefs in the country
The group unequivocally called on the president who is the commander-in-chief of the armed forces to immediately relief all Nigerian service chiefs of their duties.
2. Probe major security staff on corruption
The coalition proposed that the government should investigate and prosecute all security personnel who are living above their legitimate earnings.
3. End security votes
CAKIN urged the Buhari-led administration” that security votes by the state governors be abolished without a second thought.”
4. Community policing
The northern body lent its full support for the idea of community policing and calls for the immediate and nationwide implementation of the same.
- Presidential Villa shooting: Aisha’s ADC, escort commander, riot cops may face panel this week
- DG Copyright Commission Caught in Web of Corruption, Abuse of Office
- Not all local rulers are aiding bandit attacks in Katsina – Garba Shehu
- Global pension assets rose to $32 trillion in 2019
- First Bank presents devices to Lagos towards driving 1 million students to e-learning
Lastly, the group threatened to mobilise citizens to take to the streets until the government is completely shut down, if this administration does nothing to put an end to killings and violent crimes in the country; it, therefore, gave the president a two-week ultimatum to act according.
The former lawmaker made the recommendation following the bandits’ attack in some parts of Kaduna state which left many people dead on Sunday, March 1.
Sani lamented that bandits were not only killing people but have also taken over the region as they allegedly impose fines and taxes.