Gernot Rohr claims his team missed little experience against Argentina
– Gernot Rohr Explains why Nigeria Lost Against Argentina – Nigerians React –
Gernot Rohr who is the head coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria has blamed inexperience as the major rationale that condemned his wards to a 2-1 defeat against Argentina on Tuesday night, June 26. Super Eagles needed a draw in their final Group D game against the South Americans for them to reach the last 16 of the 2018 World Cup, but they were beaten by Lionel Messi’s led squad. The Barcelona forward even scored his first goal of the tournament against Nigeria in the encounter, and his country will now face France in the knock out stage.
“We are disappointed. My young team was missing a little experience to handle the final minutes. I’m proud of my time. We have to accept. “This kind of matches builds the character of a team. They’ll learn. The World Cup has come a bit early. In 4 years, they’ll learn,” Gernot Rohr told media men in Russia after the match.
Meanwhile, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) board are expected to make a statement soon on the future of Gernot Rohr as the coach of the Super Eagles.
Goals from Messi and Rojo secured qualification for Argentina as Chelsea winger Victor Moses also scored his first goal in the World Cup for Nigeria.
- US Ambassador gives Tips on How Nigerian can end killings
- President Muhammadu Buhari Visits Jos – Meets Service Chiefs
- Plateau Genocide – Miyetti Allah Reveals Why Herdsmen Killed 120 People
- IGP Ibrahim Kpotun-Idris Donates 10 Sets of Computers to POWA Children School
- Case of Conspiracy and Murder of Olabisi Onabanjo University Students by Cultist
- NPBS Celebrates IGP’s 2 Years of purpose driven leadership in office.
Follow Us on Our Social Media Channels