On-Going Case ‘ Dasuki Request 5bn Damages Rejected ‘ – The N5bn damage sought by the former National Security Adviser (NSA), Colonel Sambo Dasuki (rtd), over his continued detention by the Department of State Services (DSS) has been denied by a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja.
It was reported that at the resumed trial Monday, July 2, Dasuki asked the court to award him N5bn damages and asked it to order the DSS and the attorney-general of the federation to tender a public apology to him for what he described as a long, unlawful and illegal detention.
- Breaking News: Lagos Taker Explosion Death Toll Rises to 12
- Osibanjo Security Bombshell On Nigeria “State of Security”
The court, however, denied the damages sought and mandated the DSS to conduct future interviews with former NSA without detention and on a working day. Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu granted Dasuki bail in the sum of N200 million and two sureties, noting that a bail had been granted, the court was not inclined to award damages.
Dasuki Request 5bn Damages Rejected – On-Going Cases – Continues
Col Sambo Dasuki (rtd) had been on trial for alleged diversion of funds meant for procurement of arms to combat the Boko Haram menace to the 2015 campaign of then ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). The new bail granted him would be the sixth one granted him since trial
You May Also Like
- Governors Tells Buhari To Sack All Security Chiefs if They Can’t Stop Killings
- IGP Idris Warns Politicians to Deceit From Arming Thugs, Hate Speech
- Lagos Tanker Explosion – All You Need To Know About “Black Lagos”
- Gernot Rohr Explains why Nigeria Lost Against Argentina – Nigerians React
- US Ambassador gives Tips on How Nigerian can end killings
- Plateau Genocide – Miyetti Allah Reveals Why Herdsmen Killed 120 People
- IGP Ibrahim Kpotun-Idris Donates 10 Sets of Computers to POWA Children School
Kindly Follow Us on: