Breaking: People killed in fresh Borno blasts rockets attack
NPBS reports of heavy casualties in Damboa town of Borno State
The attackers were said to have launched their attacks only few hours after the chief of Army staff, Tukur Buratai, appealed to some internally displaced persons in the state to return to their communities. It was gathered that two explosions which were followed by a rockets hit the village in Saturday evening killing many and leaving many others injured.
Also, it was reported that villagers in Abachari town were observing the Eid-el-Fitri celebrations when the explosion occurred.
Confirming the attack, the Borno state commissioner of police Damian Chukwu, said the explosion occurred around 8.25pm. Chukwu said: “Around 20:25 a loud explosion was heard around Damboa/Chibok road. The DPO mobilised with our men from the SARS and civilian JTF to the scene and found twenty people dead and 48 others injured.”
- Hoodlums Cornered as NAF Lanches bombing raids on Benue Communities
- The Unsong Hero – Super eagles Traditional Outfit to Russia Designer – Esimaje Awani
He added that the injured persons have been taken to Damboa General hospital while some others were conveyed to the Teaching Hospital in Maiduguri for specialists’ for medical attention.
However, the theatre commander of the Operation Lafiya Dole Major General Rogers Nicholas debunked reports that the explosion was from military artillery. According to Nicholas, six suiicide bombers were responsible for the explosion. He also said troops are on the ground to stabilise the affected area and forestall any further untoward occurrence.
More Updates Coming Up…
- Delta Court awards N500,000 against landlady, police over assault on tenant
- My targets are expatriates at Abuja national Mosque – Bashir Adamu
- Rensource raises $3.5m to take affordable renewable energy to more Nigerians
- I remarried because my wife starved me of sex – Pastor tells court
- Provide evidence of call masking, ATCON tells NCC