Five Presidential Candidates Recognised For Presidential Debate By BON – On January 19
Presidential Debate – Nigerian Elections Debate Group (NEDG) and the Broadcasting Organisations of Nigeria (BON) have named only five political parties, to participate in 2019 vice presidential and presidential debates.
According to a statement signed by the Executive Secretary of the NEDG, Eddi Emesiri,
- Mass Housing For Nigerians – By Nigeria Government
- Nigerian Relax! No Plans to Increase Fuel Price – PPPRA
- Good News: Nigeria’s GDP Rises to 1.81% in 3rd Quarter
- FG vs Obasanjo: Federal Government Fires Back
- Obasanjo’s Warning to Nigerians: Vote out “Buhari”
LIST OF THE FIVE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES SHORTLISTED FOR THE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE ARE:
- The parties are Allied Congress Party of Nigeria (ACPN),
- Alliance for New Nigeria (ANN),
- All Progressives Congress (APC),
- Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and
- Young Progressives Party (YPP).
This means the presidential candidates expected at the Presidential Debate are:
- Atiku Abubakar of PDP
- Muhammadu Buhari of APC
- Oby Ezekwesili of ACPN
- Fela Durotoye and
- Kingsley Moghalu.
BON and NEDG have excluded Omoyele Sowore of the African Alliance Congress; Donald Duke of the Social Democratic Party; Tope Fasua, and a host of others.
The Vice Presidential debate will hold from 7pm at the congress hall of the Transcorp Hilton in Abuja on Friday, December 14, 2018.
The presidential debate will hold on Saturday, January 19, 2019.