” Avoid Panic Buying Of Fuel ” – Dr. Maikanti Baru Warns Motorists and Customers
Avoid Panic Buying of Fuel: The Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Dr. Maikanti Baru, has appealed to motorists and other consumers of petroleum products across the country not to engage in panic buying of products over the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) planned industrial action.
Dr. Baru said the Federal Government was seriously engaging the NLC on the issues it raised, a release by NNPC Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division, Mr. Ndu Ughamadu, stated today in Abuja.
Ughamadu quoted the NNPC GMD as affirming that the Nation had 37- day petroleum Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), otherwise called petrol, self- sufficiency, assuring that all the NNPC’s depots across the country, including the private ones engaged by the corporation on throughput basis, have an abundance of petroleum products to meet the needs of Nigerians.
The statement said all NNPC depot managers have been instructed to intensify products loading and other activities in their depots to avert any fallout of developments in respect of the NLC’s proposed strike.
Dr. Baru explained that the NNPC would continue to meet the products consumption needs of all Nigerians wherever they may be within the shores of the country.
- President Buhari In UNGA73 : Seeks Global Action against Corruption
- Breaking News: Brono Kashim Shettima Dissolves Cabinet
- Ghana Economic War: Ghana Closes 400 Nigerian Businesses
- Updates: Chinese National Oil Company Guarantees Funding for NNPC’s AKK Project
- Tech Giant Apple Acquires Shazam for $400 Million
- Skye Bank Saga: Why we chose Bridge Bank Option – CBN, NDIC
- BREAKING: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Dates
- TraderMoni – All You Need to know & How you can Benefit