The Nigerian Army says its troops have killed three Boko Haram Terrorists (insurgents) while on fighting patrol in Kukawa in Baga Local Government Area in Borno on Sunday.
The Director, Army Public Relations, Brig.-Gen. Texas Chukwu, disclosed this in a statement released in Maiduguri on Monday.
Chukwu said the Boko Haram terrorists were intercepted by troops of 82 Division Task Force Brigade Deployed in the area.
He said that the troops, while on fighting patrol at Kukawa general area got information on the Boko Haram terrorists’ activities in Kalamari village, 30 Kilometres to Kukawa town.
He said the insurgents who were on a looting and extortion spree in the village were intercepted by troops of Operation Lafiya Dole.
During the encounter following a superior firepower of the troops, three members of the Boko Haram terrorists were neutralised, he said.
The director listed items recovered from the terrorist to include, three AK 47 rifles; two magazines and four rounds of 7.62mm ammunition.
- CP Lagos State Sacks Eight Officers, demotes six for Criminal Offences
- Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin, dead at 76
- Police Operations may be decentralise by National Economic Council
- Delta State CDHR demands holistic Police reform
- President Muhammadu Buhari deploys fighter jets after Zamfara bandits
- U.S. lawmakers threaten to impeach Rod Rosenstein
- Senate minority leader, Godswill Akpabio meet Muhammadu Buhari in London
- Daniel Igali happy over performance of Nigerian wrestlers at AYG
- Joint Task Force (JTF), Shell Deny Coercing Bayelsa Community on Spill Report
- Okechukwu Nwanguma of NOPPRIN – CP Edgal has broken new grounds in crime control
- Past President of the Christian Association of Nigeria petitions IGP, DSS over alleged impersonation
- Lagos madwoman caught with human parts, corpses
- Alleged N369m deal: Police trail Senator Suleiman Hunkuyi, as senator refuses to honour invitationIndependent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria pledges support to curb pipeline vandalism
- Thugs invade Kogi State Polytechnic, sack Governing council from sitting
Meanwhile, the gallant troops have continued with aggressive fighting patrol, as efforts are ongoing by the troops to track down other fleeing members of the Boko Haram Terrorists from any hideouts.
Members of the general public are advised to report any suspicious movements or activities in their general area to the law enforcement agents for prompt action, he said.
AD: To get more of security news around the world [click here]